Pages

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Let the countdown begin!

As I sit here in the office it is getting increasingly more difficult to focus. I have plenty of things I should be doing.
I should be filing papers.
I should be stuffing envelopes.
I should be copying things.
I should be writing my personal statement for grad school.
Ok I should do that last one at home. But ALL that I am doing here is searching for things about Spain. Everything and anything. I'm searching for hostels, reading blogs, and looking up lots of other information that I convince myself will be necessary to my survival these next 9 months. I constantly check the many facebook groups online to see if there is any new advice out there about banking, what to pack, what phone service to get, how to find apartments...the list goes on. Oh and writing this blog. Oops - please don't tell anyone. But can you blame me? It's less than a month until I leave..And it's starting to feel a tiny bit more real because I FINALLY pulled the trigger and bought my plane ticket yesterday. On September 26th I say goodbye to the states and then after a long 12 hours of traveling I will finally arrive at my destination - Huelva. I fly from Chicago to Madrid and then to Seville. After that we'll take an hour long bus ride to Huelva. I just hope it all goes smoothly and that there are no flight delays or luggage lost! 27 days and counting...

3 comments:

  1. hey! the page is looooking goood

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the best in Sevilla. It's already September!! <3

    ~Cathy
    Auxiliar en Madrid
    www.gringa-latina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really enjoying all the news you are sending us. Read the letters your prof and you submitted for grad school.(mom and dad shared a copy with me.) So very, very proud of you.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.